Dr. Mark Reinke, and well-known E.N.T. specialist in Green Bay, passed away on 12/25/13. He was 57 years old.
He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in December 2012. When he received the diagnosis, he immediately gave up his practice so that he could work on his Bucket List.
I don't know how far he got with that, as he was also receiving treatment during that time.
I was acquainted with Dr. Reinke, as I had sought medical treatment from him a couple of years earlier.
When I read his obituary, it made me think: Do I have a bucket list, and if so, what's on it?
I had to think long and hard about that. Most of the time I just exist, as in working, eating, sleeping.
This continued to tease the edges of my imagination.
Then last week I saw a young man on a television show who had a bucket list of 100 items.
Wow. Even when I was his age, I don't think I would have been able to come up with that.
So, back to the present day. What's on my bucket list.
1) Retire in 3 years, 6 months, 3 days, not that I'm counting.
2) Continue to write until I have 13 Rivers Run Cottage Series books written and published. I've always like a baker's dozen.
3) Publish a second cookbook. I'd like to do one with pictures.
4) Record my family's history in the form of a book with photos and statistics.
5) Stay at 7 different bed-and-breakfasts, in Wisconsin, in the next 7 years.
6) Publish a book of warm, fuzzy short stories.
It took a lot to come up that short list. I'm not sure if it's because I'm of a certain age, or if I'm content with life and don't see the need to seek new sights, new thrills, new experiences.
So, I ask you, what's on your bucket list?