Saturday, February 22, 2014

From The Kitchen - The Empty Nest

Smokin' Slow Pork

I've taken out my gizmo, aka, my mini-slow cooker, and cooked up a batch of slow pork. When I say batch, I mean 2 servings. It's easy to increase the recipe according to what you need.



This is a 3-in-1 recipe. I used my Chickadee Cottage Seasoning (recipe #1), made up some mighty tasty sauce (recipe #2), and created a mighty tender, tasty entree (recipe #3). Recipe 2 and 3 are technically 1, as in 1 recipe, not the #1 recipe as noted prior. Are you confused yet? 



I start with pork tenderloin. I've also made this with thick-cut restaurant-style pork chops.  Any kind of pork will work.I add the water,



then sprinkle on the first mixture of seasonings. This isn't my Savoring Seasoning, but is a mixture that I often turn to when I'm preparing some type of meat.



After this has cooked for awhile, I mix up the sauce,
which includes the Chickadee Cottage Seasoning,
and add it to the meat. You can find the recipe for the seasoning on this prior blog: Savory Seasoning. For a visual, see the first photo of this blog.
Then come back down and finish reading the rest. Thank you very much.
 This sauce can work for any recipe calling for bbq sauce. A little sweet, a little savory, a lot of tasty.


Now comes the good part. I like to melt some shredded mozzarella cheese on a french roll, and top with the pork.
Mm, Mm, good.
 I mean, is it ever good.
Happy Saturday.


Smokin’ Slow Pork
2 thick-cut pork chops, 1/4 lb. each, or 1/2 lb. pork tenderloin
1/2 C water
1/4 Tsp salt
1/4 Tsp ground black pepper
1/4 Tsp garlic powder
1/4 Tsp onion powder
2 Tbsp + 2 Tsp ketchup
4 Tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tsp brown sugar
1 Tsp Chickadee Cottage Savory Seasoning
4 Tsp molasses
3-4 Drops liquid smoke

Place meat in 6 cup slow cooker. Add 1/2 C water. Mix salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder together, sprinkle on meat. Cook 4-5 hours on low, until meat is tender. Remove most of the liquid from the bottom of the crock. With forks, pull meat apart. In small bowl, mix ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, savory seasoning, molasses and liquid smoke. Spoon over meat and cover. Let heat 10-15 minutes, until hot. 2 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment