Saturday, June 20, 2015

June Dairy Month - Day 6

Creamy Fruit Cups

Since Father's Day is tomorrow, I'm going to dedicate this to my Dad. He loved to eat, and ice cream was one of his favorite desserts.

First, an edible cup. I wrap a flour tortilla inside of a damp kitchen towel, and microwave about 15 to 20 seconds, until it's warm and soft. This is quite important, or it won't bend and fold and flute.

Then I give it a quick spritz with cooking spray, and sprinkle on the cinnamon and sugar.
Gently press, and fold, and flute, into a custard cup. If I'm making more at one time, I use my jumbo size muffin pan.
Remember to spritz the inside of the baking vessel, elst your edible cup will stick, and you will lose the effect. Trust me on this.

Bake until crispy,

fill with berries,

top with vanilla ice cream,

let the ice cream melt a bit,

and commence to eating.
I like to snap off a bite of the cup, and enjoy the cinnamony goodness with a bit of ice cream and a berry or two. Yummy in my tummy.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can make just one, or as many as you want.

Any way you make it, is it ever good.
Another hats off to the girls who produce the milk. This recipe is good to the last drop. If you want to lick your plate to get it all, go ahead. I won't tell. After all, our mothers taught us to clean our plates.
Happy Saturday

Creamy Fruit Cups

4 (6 inch) Flour tortillas
1 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 Tsp cinnamon
2 C fresh fruit, such as strawberries or raspberries
2 C vanilla ice cream

Preheat oven to  375°. Spray 4 glass baking cups with cooking spray. Wrap tortillas in a barely damp kitchen towel, and heat in microwave 20 seconds. Spray one side of each tortilla with cooking spray and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mix. Gently press into glass baking cup. Bake 15-20 minutes, until tortilla is crisp. Remove from cup and let cool on baking rack. Fill each cup with 1/2 C fresh fruit, and top with 1/2 cup ice cream. 4 servings


No comments:

Post a Comment