Tuesday, June 16, 2015

June Dairy Month - Day 5

Tomato Salad

This is a nice summer salad,
easy to assemble,
tantalizingly tasty on the taste buds.

I use grape tomatoes, but cherry tomatoes will work as well. I halve them, and add some sliced green onion.

Add some crumbled Feta. Mine is Italian seasoned, very, very, yummy. And, it is June Dairy Month.

Shredded mozzarella. After all, this is June Dairy month.

Add the dressing, which is a variation of my basic balsamic vinaigrette,

give it a gentle stir. I stir mine several times while it marinates.
Pretty darn good looking salad.
Just as a disclaimer, I normally don't eat fresh tomatoes, unless I have a few on a green salad.
Once I tasted this concoction, I've changed my mind. I will now eat fresh tomatoes, if it's this recipe.

As a final hurrah, I top each serving with a sprinkle of Parm. After all, it is June Dairy month.

My favorite, by far: a side dish to my baked Cod and a green vegetable.
It doesn't get any better, or any healthier, than that.
Happy June Dairy Month

Tomato Salad

2 C grape tomatoes, halved
1 green onion, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp crumbled Feta cheese
2 Tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese
3 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 Tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 Tsp grated Parmesan cheese


Combine tomatoes, green onion, Feta, and mozzarella in a bowl.  Stir together vinegar, olive oil, Italian seasoning and garlic powder in a small bowl, pour over tomato mixture and gently stir. Refrigerate several hours before serving, stirring occasionally. Top each serving with grated Parmesan cheese. 4 servings


No comments:

Post a Comment