Saturday, June 13, 2015

June Dairy Month - Day 4

Turtle Crunch

Anybody who knows me personally, knows I love cashews. And caramel. And, and, and, chocolate.
And I love Turtles. Not the ones with the hard shells, that stick their necks out, and walk slower than me. I don't much care for them. Especially snapping turtles. They are not nice.
I digress.

Corn Chex: check

Cashews and mini-kisses, aka chocolate: check

Here's where the dairy comes in, and the creation of the caramel. Butter, melted with brown sugar,

and gently boiled. Oh me, oh my, here comes the caramel.

Pour that luscious goodness over the chex,

stir, and place on a baking sheet.
Then it get's baked. Imagine that. I place it on a baking sheet, and it get's baked.

Once the chex is baked and cooled, I mix everything together.

Grab a sample of each,

or scoop a handful. Any way you look at it, is it ever good. The only bad thing about this is, there was nobody here to help me eat it, so I had to eat it all myself.
Once again, thanks to the girls who provide the milk, which turns into butter, which adds to the inches around my waist and hips.
Happy Saturday

Turtle Crunch

9 C Corn Chex
3/4 C butter
1/2 C brown sugar
1-1/2 C salted cashews
1-1/2 C Hershey’s mini kisses


Preheat oven to 325°. Line baking sheets with silicone liners or parchment paper. Place Corn Chex in large bowl. In saucepan, over low heat, melt butter and brown sugar. Boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and pour over Chex. Using rubber spatula, stir gently until mixed, and cereal is coated. Pour onto pans in single layers. Bake 8 minutes, stir, bake additional 8 minutes. Watch carefully that the caramel coating does not get too dark or burn. Remove from oven and let cool on pans. Combine with cashews and mini kisses. Store in container with a tight fitting cover. 12 cups


No comments:

Post a Comment