Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Quilt Block of Life

Confirmation
Sunday was a wonderful day. It was confirmation day at St. Jakobi.

When I first arrived, there were no worshipers. The scene was quiet, serene, inviting.

Our small church had 9 confirmands this year. In this day of people turning away from God, it's refreshing to find 9 young lives willing to confirm their faith.

I had a very special reason for being at this service. Abby, one of my 'greats'. She is a lovely young lady who works hard and studies hard.
I cannot explain how my heart lifts to see her completing this part of her life.

She's sweet, she's funny, she loves her new 'nerd' glasses.

We have one young lady in the class who had many blotting tears when Pastor placed his hand on her head and spoke her bible verse. Melissa has an inoperable tumor which has forced her body to curl up. She is an inspiration to us all. She's been battling cancer since she was 2 years old, and it was thought that she would not reach this age.
And yet, here she is, sharing her usual smile with her parents.
My heart lifted, my heart beat with joy when these young adults walked in and took their seats in the front row. And yes, my eyes welled with tears.
I pray that they continue on, never losing sight of all they have learned and the words they recited on this special day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment