Saturday, May 23, 2015

From the Kitchen

Butterscotch Pudding Pops
So, it's almost summer. It's almost warm out.
It's time to think about those tasty frozen treats.

Let's start with a box of instant pudding,

which I add to milk. And then I whisk.

Next, chopped butterscotch chips,

and chopped toffee bits, as in Heath Bars.
My favorite. Not my dentist's favorite, however.
Well maybe they are his favorite, because if I chomp too hard on them, I break my teeth, and he fixes them.

Stir it all together.

Pour into cups. I use paper cups, but popsicle makers will work as well. So will plastic cups.

I add a short piece of straw, because I didn't have any Popsicle sticks. 
Add a foil cover, poke the straw(or stick) through,
freeze.

Aren't they pretty?

I tear the paper cup off, after a quick dip in warm water. Any way you make them,
one icy bite after another, are they ever good.
Hey, maybe chocolate pudding with mini chocolate chips?
Cheesecake pudding with, well, whatever you like on your cheesecake? And then there's vanilla, and lemon, and banana, and . . . the possibilities are endless.
Happy Saturday

Butterscotch Pudding Pops

1 (3 oz.) package sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
2 C milk
1/3 C butterscotch baking chips, chopped
1/3 C crushed Heath bars

Combine pudding mix and milk, whisk for 2 minutes. Add baking chips and Heath, stir to combine. Divide into 7 (3 ounce) paper cups. Place short straw or popsicle stick in center, top with small piece of foil, poking straw or stick through center. Freeze 6 hours.  Dip in warm water to loosen, or peel off. 7 pudding pops

*Can use popsicle makers as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment