Tuesday, February 10, 2015

From the Kitchen - The Empty Nest

Quick and Easy Spaghetti Sauce
I'm sharing another recipe from my cookbook, The Chickadee Cottage Empty Nest Cookbook.
The recipe is geared for two servings,
but it's so easy to increase it to more.

I start with the ground beef, or ground turkey. My meat of choice is the 93%-7% beef, meaning only 7% fat. There won't be any drippings to discard.

and add the chopped garlic.

A can of tomato sauce, the seasonings, give it a stir, let it simmer to flavor through.

 I simmered my on low for about an hour.

Serve it up on Whole Wheat thin spaghetti,
sprinkle on shredded Parmesan.
Oh man, this hits the spot, as in:
Is it ever good.
Happy Cooking

Quick and Easy Spaghetti Sauce
1/4 Lb. ground beef or turkey
1/4 Tsp. refrigerated bottled minced garlic
8 oz. can tomato sauce
1/2 Tsp. basil
1/2 Tsp. oregano
1/2 Tsp. parsley
1/2 Tsp. onion powder

Brown meat in small pan over medium heat, add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer on low heat for an hour, stirring occasionally. Serve over cooked pasta. 2-3 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment