Tuesday, January 6, 2015

My Favorite Things

A New Gadget
So I'm sitting in the dentist chair, waiting for the second dose of freezing to take hold, which I needed after the dentist scraped me off the ceiling when he started drilling.
The assistant and I were talking. Well, ok, she was doing most of the talking. You know how it is in the dentist chair.
We were discussing living in small nests, and getting rid of our plastic cooking, serving, and storage containers, and using glass.
Except, she said, for one thing.

Her vegetable steamer. Which she uses in the microwave. For fresh or frozen vegetables.
I needed to hear more, and she obliged. No more shriveled carrots. No more boiling over and having all the moisture that I added in the beginning sitting on the bottom of the microwave.
This particular model is sold by Pampers Chef.* I wonder, do they still do parties?
She told me, it was the best.
I found one. A new one. Without going to a party. I found it on Amazon. I love Amazon.

So I dumped in my frozen Okra. Why yes, that is a strange vegetable, but I've found that I like it. Prepared my way. A little water, put it in the micro, push the frozen vegetable button, and let it go.

Easy to drain. No puddles in the micro. No loss of nutrients as if I had boiled it to pieces in a kettle of water on top of the stove.

A pat of butter, a sprinkle of Chickadee Cottage Savory Seasoning,

a few crumbles of Tomato Basil Feta.
As Grandpa B used to say, is it ever good.
Although, I'm not sure he would have appreciated this concoction.
This is by far the best gadget that I've picked up in a long time. I use it almost daily.
And that, folks, is the newest of my favorite things.
*Pampered Chef does not support this blog. Neither does Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment