Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2014

Reflections of 2014


Another year has gone by, seemingly in a blink of any eye.
I'd like to reflect on the memories that stick in my mind.
I've moved to a new nest. I've been here for 2 months, and I have yet to miss anything that I didn't bring with me.
This is a clear indicator that stuff is simply that; stuff. We can get along without it.
I no longer have worries about maintenance, filling the lp tank, clearing the snow, upkeep. It's all gone, a weight off of my shoulders.

This year has provided good memories as well as sad. 
I've published two books. That makes 4 of the 13 that I want to publish. Two clicks on the bucket list. That's a good thing.
My next book was written, but thanks to a Microsoft glitch, I lost all except the first 46 pages. That's a bad thing. I can never rewrite the book word for word. It's once again a work in progress. This book was one that I struggled with from the beginning.

I've stayed in my first bed and breakfast, another of my bucket list to-do items. I have plans to visit another in 2015.

I've lost relatives, friends, neighbors; some who lived to a ripe old age, others that were gone way too young. I keep reminding myself that life is like that. The older I get, the more it happens.

I've watched as others struggled with serious illness. My prayer list continues to grow, even as names drop off. 
As I watch the news, my troubles and worries are few compared to others.
I don't know what 2015 holds. It's best that I don't know the future. I vow to push my worries away, to live one day at a time, to take each challenge and live with it to the best of my ability.
Above all else, I wish my family, relatives, friends, co-workers, acquaintances, a blessed New Year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment