Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Chickadee Cottage Empty Nest Cookbook

Tasteful Tips From the Chickadee Cottage Empty Nest Cookbook

Today I'm sharing a couple of tasty recipes from my cookbook.
These are quick little blurbs, right out of the 'This and That' section. I guarantee this will help in a pinch, during the busy holiday season.

First I'll make brown sugar.
Start with granulated sugar and a squiggle of molasses.
Sure beats a lump of hard sugar lurking in the corner of the cupboard.

Mix together with a fork, and viola, there you have it. So easy, so simple.

Next, Pumpkin Pie Spice.
Cinnamon,

ginger,

nutmeg,

cloves.

There you have it. If your spice cabinet looks like mine, you don't need a separate container just for that pumpkin pie.
I'm sharing these today, because on Saturday I'm sharing a new recipe that calls for both.
And, I'm trying to help when you wail, 'Nooooo, I don't have any!'

Brown Sugar
1 C granulated sugar
1-1/2 Tbsp molasses

Whisk sugar and molasses together until mixed. For dark brown sugar, double molasses



Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 Tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 Tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 Tsp ground ginger
1/8 Tsp ground cloves

Mix together. Use in favorite pumpkin recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment