Saturday, October 18, 2014

From the Kitchen - Outside the Nest

Cheesecake Shots
These are not to be confused with jello and pudding shots. Which I don't imbibe in.
These are creamy, thick, easy goodies that pleasure the dessert pallet. 
And, I'm still cleaning out my frig before I hop on the moving van.
And, for all my single friends, and even those not so single, who just want a little something at the end of your meal, you're gonna love these. I ga-ron-tee it.

I had a partial pack of cinnamon grahams in the cupboard, so I threw one in the mini-chopper and gave it a whirl. Works great if the crackers aren't so crisp any longer.

Then I sprinkled the crumbs in the bottom of 4-ounce containers. No butter, no baking.

Next comes the cream cheese spread,

powdered sugar,

cool whip. Mix it all together, and divide into the containers, on top of the crumbs.

I topped each with some spreadable fruit, snapped on the covers, and placed them in the frig that I've been trying to clean out.

Neatness doesn't count here. Taste does.
And those plastic containers?
Well, they're the only ones that I kept out of my vast collection of plastic.
My new nest will have glass.
Except for these little gems.

Oh my. It's like eating tangy marshmallow cream with fruit on top and crumbs on the bottom.
2 bites or 3, or even 4 if you are a dainty eater.
Anyway you eat them,

are they ever good.
Happy Saturday.

Cheesecake Shots

1 long cinnamon graham cracker
1/2 C reduced fat plain cream cheese spread
1 Tbsp powdered sugar
1/2 C frozen whipped topping, thawed
3 Tsp spreadable fruit, any flavor

Crush graham cracker into crumbs, divide into the bottom of 3 (4 oz.) containers. Place cream cheese spread into small mixing bowl, stir until softened. Add powdered sugar and whipped topping and mix well. Divide into containers. Add 1 tsp. spreadable fruit to the top of each. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.  3 cheesecake shots

No comments:

Post a Comment