Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Out and About

Farmers Market

I decided to check out our local Farmers Market on Saturday. I found some treasures.
No, nothing to decorate my home with.
Things to decorate my dinner plate. 
All edible.

The first stop was the bakery section.
Oh my. A chocolate chip baguette?
She assured me that warming it would make it all nice and wonderful.
I couldn't help myself. I had to mention that I didn't see any cream filled, chocolate frosted, chocolate donuts. This bakery is known for those delicacies.
I passed on the baguette. Maybe next time.

Next, produce. Luscious strawberries, delectable blue berries.

I mean, just look at these beauties. Can't you just taste them? 

Then it was on to the kohlrabi. Winnie assured me that they were normal color inside. Just the outsides were purple. I haven't had one of these in a long time.

There were tables with cheeses, syrups, honey, oh my. These folks own Lake Breeze Cheese in Cecil. It was nice to stop and chat with them. They had a variety of cheeses, and samples too.

Oh, be still, my heart. Yes, there were even quilts there. As in mini barn quilts. Painted on wood. Well, they aren't really so mini, but compared to the ones that decorate the barns from one end of our county to the other, these are mini.

There were 2 sellers even. I assured this gentleman that I wasn't including him in the picture.
Funny how he somehow snuck in on the side.
Those silly cameras have a mind of their own.
Sandy assured me that if I could provide her with a picture of a chickadee, she could paint one.
I rushed right home and found a picture of a chickadee quilt block.
Hopefully, another story for a future blog.

My purchases for the day: 1 kohlrabi, 4 cookies(of course I purchased cookies), 1 carton of garden vegetable spread.
The kohlrabi lasted 2 meals, the cookies 1 day, and the cream cheese spread?
Well, there are crackers, there are baked potatoes, and maybe there will be shrimp Alfredo.
I can't wait to go back again, to see what else I can find. There were baked goods, popcorn, all sorts of fresh produce, fresh flowers, photos.
Who knows what else may show up.
And anyway,
those quilts are calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment