Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Bed and Breakfast - Part 1

The Inn and the Innkeeper
My friend, Wendy, and I recently slipped out of town for a girls-only weekend.
We stayed in a bed and breakfast, a first for both of us.


We started with a map and some very carefully typed instructions which I typed. We were taking back roads all the way there, enjoying the scenery. Unfortunately, the map was not exactly accurate. And then there was the fact that we turned around and went back the other way when we realized that  we were on the wrong road. What we didn't realize was that if we would have kept going on that wrong road, we would have ended up where we wanted to go and we wouldn't have been late. Too much talking.
  
On today's post, I'm going to share pics of the accommodations. Next week I'll share the food, and the following week the scenes.

We stayed at the Riverview Bed & Breakfast in Neshkoro, which is in Marquette County, in central Wisconsin. Marilyn Brockopp is the Innkeeper, tour guide, a blessing in disguise, a true angel.  

We had  the use of a quaint sitting room which included cushy seating, a TV, VCR, DVD player, plenty of interesting reading material, and an electric fireplace.

Our rooms were a delight as well. Mine was the Blue Iris room,

Wendy had the Vintage Room.

There is also the Tree House Room, nestled beneath the roof on the second floor.

We were provided with fluffy towels, cushy robes,
and best of all, chocolate. I was in heaven.

The first evening found us relaxing and talking. Imagine that. We had been talking non-stop since one o'clock that afternoon, and we were still going strong at seven that evening.

I helped myself to a bedtime snack, a wonderful oatmeal raisin cookie. We laughed, we discussed serious topics, we reminisced about days gone by.

Did I mention cookies? We didn't finish them that evening, but they disappeared the next day. I've turned down very few cookies in my life.
 We were certainly surprised by the pampering. We're both used to fending for ourselves. I cannot say enough good about our experience. This is a perfect place for a girls-only weekend, a romantic getaway, a time to relax and breath some clean air.
The setting is quiet, the town less than 500. 
My bucket list includes visiting 7 different B&B's in 7 years. Hmm, I'm not sure I will accomplish that. I feel the pull from this one, the lure to come back and visit again.
Peace, quiet, friendship, and the warm embrace of a lovely Christian soul who reached out and provided us with some much needed pampering.
Thank you Marilyn.
Food? Did someone mention food? Check back next week, and you'll see what I mean.
No more motels for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment