Saturday, March 8, 2014

From the Kitchen - Outside the Nest

Cookie Withdrawal
I made it 10 days without a cookie.
No, I didn't say I made it 10 days without sweets.
But, cookies are a permanent part of my daily diet, and I managed to deprive myself.
So, when I decided to do something about that, 
I did it big. As in, mega sweets.


This recipe has four ingredients.
The amounts of each are easy to remember.
Which means, I can make 2 cookies, or too many, depending on my mood that particular day. Today, I made 8.


First I measure the cereal into a reclosable bag, and then I smack it into bits.
Other cereals would work as well, like, Toasty Oatty-O's, Corny Flakes, Snap-Crackle-Pops Crispies.
The beginning size will determine how much smacking will take place to reach the end size.


Next the 'wet' ingredients are placed in a micro-wave safe vessel,


 and heated gently until they are melted and smooth and luscious.


Dump in the smacked cereal crumbles, give it a stir.


Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper, and refrigerate.


Warning, these are so goodly sweet, that a glass of milk or cup of coffee is an absolute must. I can't even eat my normal 3(my 3 cookie-per-sitting rule).
Are they ever good.
Happy Saturday

Corny Clusters

1 C butterscotch baking chips
1 C semi-sweet chocolate baking chips
1/4 C peanut butter
4 C crushed corn cereal squares


Line baking sheets with waxed or parchment paper. In glass measure, combine butterscotch and semi-sweet chocolate baking chips,and peanut butter. Heat in microwave 1 to 1-1/2 minutes on medium setting, until chips are melted. Stir mixture, add cereal and stir gently to combine. Drop by heaping teaspoons onto baking pans. Place in refrigerator 10 to 15 minutes. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator. 3 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment