Tuesday, July 7, 2015

From the Kitchen - Outside the Nest

Sour Cream Brownies
I recently received a call asking that I make a pan of bars for a conference at our church.
Those who would be partaking of that pan of bars are pastors, along with the kitchen help.
I decided to make two kinds, because I am always so undecided, and I worry that not all will like the options, so it's better to give more than one option. I'll share the first one  today.



It starts with a package of brownie mix. I know, shocking, isn't it? I'm actually using a mix. What will this world come to?

5 ingredients, one bowl, one spoon, one pan.
Brownie mix, sour cream, egg, and water. I used a real egg, and fat free sour cream. Just saying.

Then the baking chips,
put it in the pan,
and bake it.

Here's the important step. Lick the bowl. That's my favorite thing to do when I'm baking. There are those who say I will get sick because there's raw egg in there. Well, I've reached my ripe old age, and I haven't gotten sick yet. However, you may want to check on me, if you don't see the next blog posted on Saturday. Just saying.

Let it cool, and dig in.
Was it ever good? I don't know about this batch, but I've relied on this recipe when I'm in a pinch, and it always turns out.

Come back Saturday, and I'll tell you all about my second choice. It's a good one, for sure.


Sour Cream Brownies

1 (10.5 oz) pkg. Brownie mix
1/3 C sour cream
1 Egg
1 Tbsp water
1/2 C vanilla baking chips

Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 8x8 inch pan with cooking spray. In bowl, combine brownie mix, sour cream, egg, water, and baking chips, stir until well mixed. Spread in pan. Bake 15-20 minutes, until middle springs back when lightly touched. 9 brownies

No comments:

Post a Comment