Tuesday, February 3, 2015

From the Kitchen - Outside the Nest

Crock Pot Beef Roast


I've been a bit under the weather recently,
meaning that I wasn't able to be out and about.
So, what better time than to make a comfort food.

This isn't really a recipe, other than I use my own Onion Soup Mix, so I'll share that recipe today, along with step by step for a hot, tasty, stick to your ribs kinda meal. Ok, and a suggested recipe for the roast.

I start with sliced Eye of Round roast. I buy it whole and slice it into 1/2 inch slices, and then freeze the slices in sandwich bags. Then all I have to do is thaw out what I need and away I go.

I use my 6 cup crock pot, a handy little gizmo.
Add the water,

the carrots,

potatoes,

and the tasty goodness.

Let it crock, or cook, or whatever it does in a crock pot.
A hot, tasty meal in 4-5 hours.

Tatoes with gravy.
Yummy.
Was it ever good.

Onion Soup Mix

3/4 C dried minced onion   
1/3 C powdered beef broth and soup base
4 Tsp onion powder  
1 Tbsp dried minced garlic  
1/4 Tsp celery seed  
1/4 Tsp sugar  

Mix, store in container. 5 Tbsp=1.25 ounce package

Beef Roast

1/2 lb. Eye of Round beef roast
1 Tbsp Onion soup mix
2/3 C + ¼ C Water, divided
1 Tsp corn starch
Vegetables, such as mini carrots, potatoes

Place 2/3 C water in 6 cup crockpot. Add meat and vegetables. Sprinkle onion soup mix over top of meat. Cook on low 4-5 hours, until tender. Mix corn starch and 1/4 C water in cup. Remove meat and vegies from crockpot, stir corn starch mixture into juice in the crockpot. Add meat and vegies, cover and heat on high 10-20 minutes, until juices thicken. 2 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment