Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Book Review

What I'm Reading


Darlene Franklin is a fellow member of ACFW. She's active in reaching out to other members, answering their inquiries, asking for help with her own writing.
Quite some time ago I visited Darlene's blog, and low and behold, I was picked to receive a copy of her book.
Now I will be honest in saying that this book was set aside while I made my way through stacks of other books first. When I finally picked it up and began reading, I was drawn in.
I've visited the Mississippi River, where paddle boats once traveled. The river is mighty and impressive.
Darlene created her story around the setting of the Rio Grande. I picture an equally mighty river, a force to be reckoned with. I could feel the movement of the boat beneath my feet, and smell the tang of the water.
The story was truly enjoyable. Darlene has a wonderful gift in her writing, and I'll be looking for more of her books.
'A Bride's Rogue' is a good Christian fiction read.

No comments:

Post a Comment